About The MedStart's Initiative:Making healthcare safer, more effective, and less costly, through technology and innovation.
MedStart is a rapidly growing regional economic development collaborative that envisions a thriving medical device and medical technology industry in the Sacramento region and is a catalyst in making that happen. MedStart represents over 140 entrepreneurs and start-up companies and boasts an active advisory and mentor network focusing on the nine-county Sacramento region, including Butte, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Solano, Sutter, Yolo, Yuba and Sacramento counties. The program includes our CEO forum, which engages the CEO’s from our membership network, multiple educational, networking and business development resources. MedStart also provides access to venture capital from around the region, all to support the area’s growing medical technology industry. Annual events include the Sacramento Med Tech Showcase in the fall and the Sacramento Regional Innovation Award in Medical Technology. See our calendar for scheduled events. “We believe that our region is rapidly developing as a thriving center for medical devices, diagnostics, and medical information technology, including telemedicine.” says Former MedStart Chair and founder, Cary Adams.
- 2016 MedStart Progress Report
- 2015 MedStart Progress Report
- 2014 MedStart Progress Report
- 2013 MedStart Progress Report
- 2013 Report on California’s Biomedical Industry (CHI, BayBio, PwC US)
- 2012 MedStart Progress Report
- 2012 Report on California’s Biomedical Industry (CHI, BayBio, PwC US)
- 2011 MedStart Progress Report
- 2010 Report: Growing Medical Device Manufacturing and R&D in the Greater Sacramento Region